10 people charged in connection with Kim Kardashian West’s Paris robbery

French police say 12 people have been charged in connection with Kim Kardashian West’s robbery in Paris last year. The investigation revealed that five assailants bound Kardashian West and placed a pistol to her…

10 people charged in connection with Kim Kardashian West’s Paris robbery

French police say 12 people have been charged in connection with Kim Kardashian West’s robbery in Paris last year. The investigation revealed that five assailants bound Kardashian West and placed a pistol to her head and put her under the ground in her Paris hotel room in October. They stole over $10 million worth of jewelry including a ring and a pair of diamond earrings worth $4.5 million.

One of the suspects is a 24-year-old Briton, Jack McCallum, who has denied any wrongdoing. He is also accused of threatening Kardashian West during the robbery. He said that she knew that she was being robbed and that the incident “took place in a gated area and they had cars at both ends.”

McCallum was granted bail of 200,000 euros ($220,000) on Monday. He pleaded guilty, but said he should have obtained a deal. “Please do not just send me to prison — we need to talk,” he said. “I have lied about this a lot of times, with your help.”

The charge sheet issued by French investigators on Tuesday includes the testimonies of Kim Kardashian West and her bodyguard Pascal Duvier. Kardashian West described how she had locked herself in a bathroom stall as five armed men gained access to her room. “The armed men forced me to go into the bathroom. While I was in the bathroom I heard them try to open the door. I locked myself in the bathroom and called my bodyguard,” she said in the statement.

It was immediately after that statement that Kardashian West received an email allegedly from Duvier in which he threatened to leak that she was threatened or that their families would be harmed if she did not comply with the robbers’ demands. “If you do not unlock the room I will release your footage online and you will have two options — delete the footage or my family will be in danger,” he wrote, according to French media. He said that he would have deleted the footage if he knew that he was the man shown wearing the hooded sweatshirt and jeans in the surveillance footage.

Duvier is believed to have received this email a week after Kardashian West and the robbers departed her room. It is not clear if he is currently working for the reality star.

Leave a Comment